Dark spots, which is sometimes referred to as age spots, sun spots, liver spots, and freckles, are usually flat, round and brown in color. These are often harmless and, in most cases, caused by too much exposure to the sun. And because dark spots are not only unattractive but can also make people look older, ways are sought to reduce, or even eliminate, these ugly spots. And luckily, there are several home remedies to help eliminate these dark spots using ingredients one may easily find in the comfort of his own kitchen. Here are some:
- Buttermilk – had been used for generations as a skin cleanser and as a beauty aid. It is known to have lactic acid which is beneficial to the skin. Here’s how: Dab buttermilk on the dark spots.
- Cocoa Butter – known antioxidant and an effective skin mosturizer. Here’s how: Massage the affected area with cocoa butter.
- Avocado – a rich source of unsaturated fatty acids, vitamin E, oleic acid and other compounds known to help sooth and heal skin tissues. Here’s how: Peel and mash ripe avocado and apply the juice on the affected area.
- Potato – contains starch and mild bleaching property which is good in skin lightening. Here’s how: Apply raw potato juice on the affected area.
- Aloe Vera – credited for healing several skin conditions. Here’s how: Use the juice or the gel frequently on the spots.
- Lime or Lemon – well known bleaching agent, rich in antioxidants. Here’s how: Apply the juice directly on the spots.
- Honey – a good skin mosturizer. Here’s how: Mix equally it with the juice of lime (or lemon) and apply on the affected area.
- Vitamin E Oil – antioxidant often used to reduce or fade scars. It can even even out skin tone by fading discolorations. Here’s how: Puncture Vitamin E capsule and squeeze the oil directly into the spots.
But one must keep in mind that there is no assurance that these home remedies will work perfectly on them, though these ingredients have already proven their effectiveness in some cases. One must perfectly understand, too, that its a case-to-case basis. Those remedies that worked to one person may not work to another person and vice versa. And of course, one should mind his allergies, too, before trying any of the ways mentioned above. And for a faster healing process, one may also try the countless over-the-counter hyperpigmentation creams that was known to help eliminate dark spots. There is always a myriad of choice out there, lucky us.